Ph (03) 9846 4900
Emerald Terrace has been a family business since the 1980’s. Formerly known as St. Winifred’s Private Nursing Home, it was founded by Mr. Eric Chin and Mrs. Ligaya Chin.
In 2005, a new facility was opened on our current site in Templestowe and became Emerald Terrace Aged Care, with 50 beds, and we have now increased its capacity to 83 beds, with the addition of a recently opened extension.
Vision, Mission and Philosophy of Care:
Emerald Terrace Aged Care will:
- Be a leader in Aged Care, recognised for its quality of care and service to residents and their families.
- Value staff as our greatest asset.
- The management and staff are committed to providing Aged Care services which consistently meet residents/ relatives specified needs and expectations thus providing a program of health care that ensures optimal quality of life. We follow documented processes that comply with the requirements of current Department of Social Services accreditation standards.
We believe that success is achieved by:
- Providing Quality Care to residents, being flexible and responding to changing residents needs
- Staff training and motivation
- Adherence to documented processes
- Investigation of systems and recording deficiencies
- Implementation of effective corrective action
- Continuous Improvement
We expect and encourage senior management and staff to actively participate in the implementation and maintenance of the Management System, so every employee can play a part in enhancing Emerald Terrace's reputation for high quality service.
Philosophy and Values
The philosophy of Emerald Terrace is to care for the frail residents of the community with encouragement, kindness and compassion and to uphold their dignity, privacy and comfort while conducting the administration and provision of services in the highest professional manner.
Leadership: The management is committed to high quality leadership, with that framework, we maintain a team approach within each operational area of the facility.
Integrity: We are committed to the highest level of honesty and reliability in each relationship.
Kindness: We are committed to a positive, kindly approach as a matter of priority at all times.
Excellence: We are committed to superior quality together with high standards of performance while maintaining a home-like quality.
Compassion: We are committed to treating all persons at the home with compassion
We care for the ones you care for